About the role
iATROS is looking for an experienced Engineer to supervise our inhouse development in Munich, at the heart of our international engineering efforts. We are looking for a collaborative and pragmatic technologist who will enable our engineers to design, implement and deliver delightful and innovative treatment experiences on mobile, web and backend which we are building from scratch.
We are looking for someone with passion for designing and building applications that are highly reliable and used by thousands of our patients on a daily basis. Our systems visualize medical treatement and ensure an accurate digital therapy process.
What You'll Do
- Design, build and enhance our state-of-the-art application landscape. The solutions you will be responsible for are used by many patients and doctors within and outside of iATROS. Our solutions need to be highly customizable and extensible in generic ways at the same time.
- Use the latest trends in mobile and web on the frontend. Use thoughtful experimentation and data analysis to tune all our applications to be intuitive, functional and high-performing.
- Eloborate and monitor future extensions to our platform with the developers and product owners.
- Work collaboratively with talented engineers, designers, product managers, data scientists to ship delightful experiences accross all components.
- Build with scale & reliability in mind. Maintaining this platform at scale requires constant investment in security, reliability, monitoring and reporting tooling.
- Make sure that all of our technical solutions are well documented and highly tested to meet the requirements of the Medical Device Regulation.
- Keep the bar high on sustainable engineering by following best practices, producing best in class of code, documentation, testing and monitoring.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of relevant engineering experience in distributed applications
- Solid knowledge of at least two programming language.
- Solid knowledge of major test drivers and CI-pipelines.
- Experience with Python, TypeScript and one or more of the following: Node.js, Flutter, Django, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, FastAI.
- Applied knowledge of software engineering and best practices such as testing, documentation and code reviews.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write detailed technical documents.
- Experience with SCRUM, Kanban and the Agile Manifesto
- At least 3 years experience in leading development teams
- Qualified IT Specialist or Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field
Bonus Points If
- Experience with technical integrations into the German healthcare market such as SecurPharm, KVDT, KV Connect or similar
- Passion for working on systems related to healthcare and medical treatement
- Experience with FHIRv4, HL7, DICOM
- Certified as Agile Coach or SCRUM Master
About the Team
As Head of Engineering in you will be an major pillar of iATROS' core development and report directly to our CDO/CTO. The work you do will initially focus on advanced technologies to improve treatment safety around the world, such as advanced telematics, machine learning, high scale distributed systems, real time data processing and mobile development, among others.
At iATROS, we ignite opportunity by pushing medical treatment experience to a new level. We take on big problems to enable patients, doctors and other healthcare providers to establish an integrated therapy process around the clock.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can enjoy the luxus of a personal doctor. If you have the right curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and together we will further progress our health system to new levels.